Roadloans - Stay away from Road Loans, Deceptive practice

Jun 06, 2009
review #149647

Do not accept an approval from Road Loans.Gave an approval with a down payment went to pick up automobile and was told I needed a co-signer.

They pulled you in with the approval, thinking you are so desperate to purchase an automobile, you will find someone to co-sign with you. I think car dealerships should not send application into that company.

My loan was handled through carmax and I will never go there again and advise any one to think very hard and long about dealing with these companies.Save yourself the time and frustration.Run away.

c0c21bb
Had an experience with Roadloans?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Have a Roadloan Customer

Sep 29

I got a roadloans loan back in November 2013. It was a holiday weekend my car broke down and I was in a pickle to be sure. I went online saw the roadloans ad and applied. I was approved within minutes, went online to the dealer sites they suggested found the car I wanted and went and got it. The thing is that these dealers know that they have to pay a fee to use the roadloans and they signed up to participate, but once you get there they want to run your credit through their own different finance companies regardless of what you the consumer wants. I had to stick to my guns and tell them I did not want to get financed with the people they wanted to get me financed with. Since I went on a holiday the usual finance folks were closed and they did not want to risk losing the sale so they had sign all the papers and sent me on my way. Several days later I began getting letters from different finance companies some approving me and some not approving me and some not as good as the deal I was getting with roadloans because they all wanted at least a couple of grand down and they monthly payment was going to be the same. The car I purchased had 17,260 miles on it so for all intent and purpose it was still a very new car. I called roadloans and told them what the dealer was up too and how they were trying to force me to go with one of the finance companies they wanted me to use. I guess roadloans called them and told them to knock it off and stop shopping me around because I got a... Show more

Screwroadloans123

Jul 30

I was sent a pre approval to refnance at a much lower interest rate. Filled in the online application and sent it in. Later the same morning I received a congratulatory acceptance letter and was told that I was approved. I was informed that this month's payment would be waived and added to the new bill. Later in the day I was called. Again I was congratulated on my approval and asked to answer some additional questions. When I confirmed that I was disabled and had a cosigner they required the cosigner's information. I was informed at this time that the new loan would have to be entirely in the cosigner's name. By this time I had already used some of my car payment on other bills, so we were going forward in my cosigner's name. When we called back wr were informed that we could not refinance because Chrysler Capital was a division of Santander Bank which also owns Roadloans and they dont refinance their own loans.

corvettechick

Jun 23 Corpus Christi, Texas

I got a roadloans approval with zero down; printed the packet and the autotrader.com link it came from that dealer doesn't even take roadloans. So I'm back to square one.

mad as hell

Sep 20, 2012

..@Bway I supplied everything they asked for on the list and everything was verifiable but roadloans told me i would have 1,000 down payment and they wanted me to come up with 3,000....i dont think so

mad as hell

Sep 20, 2012

i got approved for a loan by roadloans and have had nothing but pure ***...went to 3 different dealerships just to keep getting turned down....i thought the purpose of all the *** paperwork they have you print out was a for sure appoval......and yes drive/santander/and roadloans are all one money hungry company with high as interest rates,by the time you're done you could have paid for 2 cars!!! RUN

50% good 50% bad

Mar 23, 2012

I got a loan from roadloans and the approval process is easy just as long as everything is verifiable....Down side is that you may get a very high Interest rate and the keep you locked in by putting a cap on the any your payment has to be over 72months I'm paying 13000interest on a 19000 car now that's just high way robbery...I learned to research research....

Dave

Feb 06, 2012

I put in an application on lending tree. They were the first to reply with approval. I got so many pre approval calls and emails. They sell your info to other company's so be careful from lending tree.Once they get your email you cant get them to stop spamming you.
After doing some research on them and reading all the bad things. Including fees and dealers putting the fee road loans charges them on top of the already high car prices did not think it was right. I applied with capital 1 here is the difference. road loans 24500 approval capital 1 21000 road loans 497 per month for 72 months capital 1 422 for 60 months. road loans total payments was 35k capital 1 25k. with no fees at all. I know its hard to get financing with bad credit and you have to do what you can. But its worth doing your homework

Dec 21, 2011

I was approved and my loan is working out great had no problems actually they increased my limit when I called them as I was 1800 dollars short. I only paid the down they said I needed. Their service was great and actually going to go pick up another car this weekend.

Lambat

Nov 05, 2011

I actually have my car but don't even how this guys Roadloan got my information and went ahead and did credit search amazing they wanted me to have cry like they made my fellow citizens do.
Step by Step is their language the same was used to me over the phone conversation with them.

Lambat

Nov 05, 2011

THANKS PEOPLE AND FELLOW CITIZENS IS GOOD TO INFORM OTHERS THE TRUTH OF WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN AND EXPERIENCED,I TOO WAS ABOUT TO GET LOSE TO THIS ROADLOAN BUT WITH THIS RATING I HAVE STOPPED IMMEDIATELY GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU THAT POSTED YOUR COMMENTS.THANKS THANKS>>>>>

1 0 Reply
MH

Jul 13, 2011

I just got approved for a 6.9% interest rate with Road Loans, but after reading that they have an "F" rating on the BBB and seeing all of these complaints.. I wont even consider them.

Feb 14, 2013 Chandler, Arizona

I just checked the link you provided. Their BBB rating is an A+. I'm not for or against this lender, however, I beleive information posted on this website should be accurate and true.

1 2 Reply
it doesn't matter

Jun 12, 2011

I needed a new vehicle and I saw the commerical on TV so I went to the website. Everything looks as if they are there to help. I'm glad I like to research companies. I'll have a case of the *** if I did business with them and they were not on the up and up. I don't know what BBB report you was looking at but when I researched it and it's a "F".

NONER

Jun 04, 2011

THESE GUYS ARE DEAD IF THEY *** MY CREDIT UP !!!!!!!! *** FAGGETS !!

0 5 Reply
Bway

Jan 17, 2011

Never had a problem use your brain and let the loan fund first. Also If you supplied everything on the pages they wanted and it all was verifiable you would have no issue.

info

Oct 12, 2010

As for the coment about BBB. For anyones information, the BBB is a franchise not a government intitution. The company originally started by Al Capone as a way to get business to pay him money lgally. They pay the money, they write their own good report. Great Scam Huh?

NonyaBizness

Jul 15, 2013

Al Capone was born in 1899 and the BBB started in 1912. Al Capone starting the BBB is an urban legend...one that has already been proven false...

1 0 Reply
doug peters

Oct 04, 2010

HAD CAR FOR MONTH then loan couldnt be processed by Roadloand (Santander)!! RUN from this company and fast I got screwed and hard.

2 0 Reply
J

Sep 14, 2010

Well I got the approval and even got the car. $600 down payment, $92.00 to register and plate it, $250 to start insurance and now they called me and said they were not gonna finance me. ARE YOU FRICKEN KIDDING. I hope there prepared to write me a check! DO NOT GO THRU THESE PEOPLE!!!!

Priscilla

Sep 05, 2010

I applied last night through roadloans. Ok I get an approval. It then takes me to a page where I decide which one I want, so I clicked on the one with the lowest down payment which is $1,250. I am then taken to a page where I choose to add platinum extended warranty coverage onto the payment each month. After all of that a PDF comes up with all of the papers, and the voucher to take to the carmax in Lithia Springs Ga.
About 30 mins. later I went back to the roadloans site to see if I could by chance switch my preferred dealer. It then tells me that our loan application was denied, due to having No bankcard on file? WHAT? For one we have 3 major credit cards, and have had the same checking account for years. I am confused about this, and wonder if anyone else has had a similar issue with them? Do I waste my time with going to carmax tomorrow or not?

1-20 of 32 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.