4.1K views

Recently I applied for an auto loan through a bank online and received an email almost immediately from a company called Road Loans. The information I supplied online had been approved for financing me for an auto loan to buy the car or truck that I wanted. The email went on to say that I would receive an envelope to be Fed-X’d within the next day or so with all the required paper work and a blank check. Two days later the envelope was left on our doorstep. After opening and reading all of the information and requirements I was spell bound by the fact that there was a blank check to cover a minimum purchase of not less than $7500.00 and not to exceed $13000.00. It was almost too good and too easy to be true. With that thought in mind, I put the package on my desk and it laid there for two weeks. I noticed that as I would check my email each day there was always an email from Road Loans encouraging me to act now as I needed to hurry and get to a dealership and purchase a vehicle as this was a time-sensitive offer. On March 1 we took our truck and paper work to a dealership and picked out a vehicle. The dealer gave us a good trade-in value for ours; the paper work was signed with them for Road Loans to finance and we did indeed purchase ourselves a new small truck. The next day we picked it up and went home. Three days later I was leaving my job and I get a phone call from a lady with Road Loans. She asked if I had just changed my job? I told her yes, that it was all on my application. (My new job start date was never implied to be a problem. Nothing to worry about…) She said she was looking at my application and all was well except for my job change and because of that they were not going to approve the loan. So, after being pre-approved by Road Loans and being sent a blank check by Road Loans and pushed to hurry to find a vehicle, trading in my truck and now having a new truck that we have been driving, Road Loans NOW says they WILL NOT finance! All my information was out there to be evaluated before the push-pull emails of hurry up and wait! The frustration is overwhelming and the unprofessional way this has NOT been handled, the putting of “cart before the horse” mentality is very taxing. I went online to research other consumer complaints about this company. They are one of the largest auto loan companies out there and also go under the name Triad. Buyer BEWARES!! I suggest that you hit the consumer complaint sites and take the time to read, read, read and read some more… I even found a previous complaint by a family that experienced practically the same situation. Some of the stories are pretty horrific concerning this company and I am hoping to impact even one potential buyer to do their research and homework. The big fish always eat the little fish even though there are more of us than them; and it is we and our hard work that keeps them fat and healthy to prey, yet once again, on the ignorance and gullibility that we don’t know what the Real Offer is. Be careful where you swim…

LEE

Dallas Texas

Review about: Roadloans Loan.

Had an Experience with Roadloans?

Comments

This is on my credit report.I have NEVER had a car loan.

EVER...how the *** can this be on there??

Orlando, Florida, United States #668115

I feel that there is nothing wrong with roadloan at this time im restablishing my credit from hardship and this company was not an issue for me and yes this is true that carmax is the best place to use it. I went to a dealership and looked at a vehicle and told them that I was already approved thru road loans and the first thing the guy said was " what if i can get you approved thru someone else. I was happy with my dwnpymnt and intrest

Duluth, Georgia, United States #651429

I have a loan with Roadloans, I have some advice for guys.The only place that this Loan will work with no problems is CARMAX.

When you get approved by Roadloans and receive your voucher, don't waste your time looking for a car from any other dealer because they will slap you with a some fees exceeding $2000.

But CARMAX use those voucher like a Cash Deal, all you have to do is pick a car and present a Voucher, Drivers License and may be your Insurance.Goodluck :) 8) :p

Laguna Niguel, California, United States #609047

roadloans is a secondary finance company that finances people with bad credit, its unfortunate that you had a unpleasant situation with them but they do offer loans to people that cant get them anywhere else so anyone on here with good credit I would go else where for a loan but if you have tried else where and couldnt get one try roadloans get a car and rebuild your credit so your not in this situation next time you want to purchase a car, or pay off your collections first then apple at a normal lending institution.

to let you know i,m happy

with them i appy a morth ago they told me i was approve that i would get cash back and skip

i,m tire of them playing game

me i very that i was rioff

This is an isolated situation with Roadloans.Not ANYTHING to do with Roadloans being a bad or misleading company.

ANY bank or lending institution would hesitate to give someone who has only been working at a job say for a couple of months would be hesitant to lend. Your income is the backbone of the loan, credit aside and if theys iffy then a company recouping their money is also iffy. DUH! I just bought my car a wife from them and honestly I couldn't be happier.

I printed out the voucher and the required documents which included the paystub from my job of SIX years and guess what?

No problems!Really, you just switched jobs and you blame the bank for pulling the rug from underneath your feet....

So GLAD I read this! I am sorry all of you had to go through that, but thanks for saving my ***! I almost used them!

Just received offer to refinance our car through Road Loans. Since we have never heard of said company decided to do a little checking and WOW, really got our eyes opened.

Thanks to everyone who posted their problems with Road Loans. Saved us from a very big mistake.

I refinanced my car with RoadLoans I was having a hard time financially due to the death of my husband with Cancer, then I had a heartattack and stroke.I needed some cash back to catch up on bills.

Well I did it and they kept telling me I would receive a check for 2600.00 dollars,it would be sent to me within 72 hours after loan was approved. Well I waited for 3 days then called them. They told me I did not fill out the form to receive the refund the girl made a mistake. I have never been thru anything like this before, I told them to redo the loan and they said they could not do it.

This is a 2009 Chrysler and I paid 10,000 down on it.It only has 15,000 miles on it I cannot even make the first payment on it I got very sick after this I am still sick over this.

THANKS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK YOUR COMMENTS HELP ME NOT TO MAKE A BIG MISTAKE TRUSTING THIS COMPANY :(