8.5K views

Do not accept an approval from Road Loans.Gave an approval with a down payment went to pick up automobile and was told I needed a co-signer.

They pulled you in with the approval, thinking you are so desperate to purchase an automobile, you will find someone to co-sign with you. I think car dealerships should not send application into that company.

My loan was handled through carmax and I will never go there again and advise any one to think very hard and long about dealing with these companies.Save yourself the time and frustration.Run away.

Had an Experience with Roadloans?

Comments

I got a roadloans loan back in November 2013.It was a holiday weekend my car broke down and I was in a pickle to be sure.

I went online saw the roadloans ad and applied. I was approved within minutes, went online to the dealer sites they suggested found the car I wanted and went and got it. The thing is that these dealers know that they have to pay a fee to use the roadloans and they signed up to participate, but once you get there they want to run your credit through their own different finance companies regardless of what you the consumer wants. I had to stick to my guns and tell them I did not want to get financed with the people they wanted to get me financed with.

Since I went on a holiday the usual finance folks were closed and they did not want to risk losing the sale so they had sign all the papers and sent me on my way. Several days later I began getting letters from different finance companies some approving me and some not approving me and some not as good as the deal I was getting with roadloans because they all wanted at least a couple of grand down and they monthly payment was going to be the same. The car I purchased had 17,260 miles on it so for all intent and purpose it was still a very new car. I called roadloans and told them what the dealer was up too and how they were trying to force me to go with one of the finance companies they wanted me to use.

I guess roadloans called them and told them to knock it off and stop shopping me...

Are they the best finance company?probably not, but after being out of work for 4 years and needing a car badly I can't and won't complain.

I was sent a pre approval to refnance at a much lower interest rate.Filled in the online application and sent it in.

Later the same morning I received a congratulatory acceptance letter and was told that I was approved. I was informed that this month's payment would be waived and added to the new bill. Later in the day I was called. Again I was congratulated on my approval and asked to answer some additional questions.

When I confirmed that I was disabled and had a cosigner they required the cosigner's information. I was informed at this time that the new loan would have to be entirely in the cosigner's name.

By this time I had already used some of my car payment on other bills, so we were going forward in my cosigner's name.When we called back wr were informed that we could not refinance because Chrysler Capital was a division of Santander Bank which also owns Roadloans and they dont refinance their own loans.

Corpus Christi, Texas, United States #830834

I got a roadloans approval with zero down; printed the packet and the autotrader.com link it came from that dealer doesn't even take roadloans. So I'm back to square one.

..@Bway I supplied everything they asked for on the list and everything was verifiable but roadloans told me i would have 1,000 down payment and they wanted me to come up with 3,000....i dont think so

i got approved for a loan by roadloans and have had nothing but pure ***...went to 3 different dealerships just to keep getting turned down....i thought the purpose of all the *** paperwork they have you print out was a for sure appoval......and yes drive/santander/and roadloans are all one money hungry company with high as interest rates,by the time you're done you could have paid for 2 cars!!! RUN

I got a loan from roadloans and the approval process is easy just as long as everything is verifiable....Down side is that you may get a very high Interest rate and the keep you locked in by putting a cap on the any your payment has to be over 72months I'm paying 13000interest on a 19000 car now that's just high way robbery...I learned to research research....

I put in an application on lending tree.They were the first to reply with approval.

I got so many pre approval calls and emails. They sell your info to other company's so be careful from lending tree.Once they get your email you cant get them to stop spamming you.

After doing some research on them and reading all the bad things. Including fees and dealers putting the fee road loans charges them on top of the already high car prices did not think it was right. I applied with capital 1 here is the difference.

road loans 24500 approval capital 1 21000 road loans 497 per month for 72 months capital 1 422 for 60 months. road loans total payments was 35k capital 1 25k. with no fees at all.

I know its hard to get financing with bad credit and you have to do what you can.But its worth doing your homework

I was approved and my loan is working out great had no problems actually they increased my limit when I called them as I was 1800 dollars short. I only paid the down they said I needed. Their service was great and actually going to go pick up another car this weekend.

I actually have my car but don't even how this guys Roadloan got my information and went ahead and did credit search amazing they wanted me to have cry like they made my fellow citizens do.

Step by Step is their language the same was used to me over the phone conversation with them.

THANKS PEOPLE AND FELLOW CITIZENS IS GOOD TO INFORM OTHERS THE TRUTH OF WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN AND EXPERIENCED,I TOO WAS ABOUT TO GET LOSE TO THIS ROADLOAN BUT WITH THIS RATING I HAVE STOPPED IMMEDIATELY GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU THAT POSTED YOUR COMMENTS.THANKS THANKS>>>>>